Are you planning a vacation? There are a lot of things to get in order before you leave. One of the most important things to prepare is your money situation. Utilize our eight tips before you get to the airport and you’ll experience an easier and safer travel experience.
- Use Credit or debit , and limit cash - Cash isn’t replaceable and if you drop your wallet or if someone steals your money, you can lose all of your vacation funds. If someone steals your credit card you are not liable for unauthorized charges. The bank will refund fraudulent purchases with your debit card. Bring cash on your vacation but don’t bring too much.
- Use the Multi-Stash Method – Never carry all of your cash in your wallet. Break it up and hide various amounts of it in different spots to reduce the impact of theft.
- Record your account and customer service numbers – Make multiple copies of the front and back of your credit and debit cards before leaving home, write down your account and customer service numbers. Keep this information in a safe location separate from your credit cards.
- Debit Card Shazam Bolt$ - Register your debit card with Shazam . When you register your debit card you will get notification of purchases done and if you don’t recognize the transaction you can call the bank or put a hold on your card right away from your phone or other device.
- Avoid secluded ATM’s – Use money machines located inside your hotel or near busy areas and plan your ATM visits wisely. Do not visit machines at night or in the early morning hours. Remember to there is strength in numbers, go with another person to the ATM.
- Keep cash out of sight – If you’re shopping or going on excursions or dining never pull out large sums of cash in front of others.
- Use a money belt – Whether you have cash or credit cards , there is no safer place for funds than on your body. This is also a perfect place for your passport or driver’s license.
- Protect your device with passwords – To ensure your safety, password protect each device to keep your information safe, and program devices to auto lock after one or two minutes of inactivity.
We wish you safe travels!
Freedom Club Coordinator
Phone: 712-472-2537 Office